Common Quenching Medium-Tempering Problems and Solution Skills
The advantage of hot water tempering at 100 is that low temperature tempering usually uses about 180 to 200 to temper and oil boiling to temper. In fact, there are many advantages to tempering with hot water at 100 C, including:
(1) Tempering at 100 C can reduce the occurrence of abrasion.
(2) Tempering at 100 C can slightly increase the hardness and improve the wear resistance of the workpiece.
(3) Hot water tempering at 100 C can reduce the chance of cracks caused by rapid heating.
(4) When cryogenic treatment is carried out, the probability of cryogenic cracks on the workpiece is reduced, the residual Worth field is buffered, and the strength and toughness of the material are increased.
(5) There is no tar on the surface of the workpiece, and the surface hardness is slightly lower. It is suitable for grinding by grinding machine, and there is no phenomenon of oil boiling, overheating and dry burning. _High temperature tempering treatment of secondary hardening has adverse effects on tool steels, both residual stress and residual Worth field. High temperature tempering treatment or low temperature tempering is necessary to eliminate the bath. Secondary hardening will occur after tempering at high temperature. For SKD11, the hardness of steel tempered at 530 is slightly lower than that tempered at 200 C, but it has good heat resistance, no aging deformation, and can improve the heat resistance of steel. It can also prevent deformation during EDM.